- Orchid Show
May 2012 Board of Director Minutes
New Hampshire Orchid Society
Board of Directors Meeting
May 12 2012
Present: President Mike Mattozzi, Past-President Steve Tacopina, Vice President George Crozer Treasurer Chuck Crisler, Secretary Adrienne Giovino, Trustees Lee Brockmann, Daryl Yerdon, Jen Marrs and Norm Selander-Carrier
Guests: Bob Richter, George Newman
Opening: Mike called the meeting to order at 10:06 AM.
Norm moved to approve the minutes of the April 2012 meeting with one correction. Chuck seconded; the motion was approved.
- Nothing to report.
- Scheduled Jason Fischer for next year, possible dates in June, July or October 2013. Chuck mentioned April, May, or June 2013 for Silva Orchids.
- Discussion of when to have business meeting; perhaps it is best during the September IPA event.
- Expense manifest was $1136.32. Steve made a motion to accept the expense manifest. George seconded. The motion passed.
- Chuck would like the conservation fund to have a separate account grouped with the Chuck Wingate Best Species account. Norm moved to move these funds into a dedicated account. Steve seconded. Mike suggested having a dedicated savings account with treasurer, president and secretary with signature authority. The motion was approved.
- Motion to accept Point 2 on treasurer’s report by Norm. Seconded by Lee. The motion as approved.
- Per Point 4, all NHOS financial documents are now in Chuck Crisler’s Dropbox online.
- Suggestion to increase donation to the AOS Northeast Judging Center from the current $250. George made a motion to make a donation of $500 to the AOS Northeast Judging Center for this year. Norm seconded. The motion was approved.
- Nothing to report
AOS and Affiliated Society Representative:
Auction Committee: Norm reported on our member auction in July. The developer of Orchid Wiz Express sent us a copy to auction off and promote at the auction.
Conservation and Education Committee: George Newman, reporting for Jean Stefanik, said we did not receive the $500 grant from the Portsmouth Garden Club as previously reported.
Membership: 215 memberships with a total of 293 members; 48 have not paid. 46 people still want to receive the newsletter by mail.
Show: Contract executed with the Radisson and deposit sent. Show dates are: February 7–10, 2013 and February13–16. 2014.
New England Orchid Shows: The Deerfield Fair is the last week in September. NHOS receives $200 for display. Mike will set up the display.
Show Table Committee:
Risk Management Committee:
Website Steering Committee:
- August 2012 picnic will be hosted at Chuck and Margaret Crisler’s
- Discussion on the issue of members selling orchids when a speaker is a vendor. Norm made a motion to amend the sales table policy for sale of plants by members when the speaker is a vendor selling plants to limit number of plants for sale to 12 plants. Seconded by Chuck. There will be times on special occasions that the number of plants sold by members will be reduced. The board reserves the right to adjust this. The motion passed with George Crozer and Daryl Yerdon abstaining citing conflict of interest.
- Norm brought up that BoD minutes are not on website. Daryl will get Adrienne access to post the minutes as well as policy and procedures.
Norm moved to adjourn the meeting with Steve seconding the motion. The motion was approved and the meeting was adjourned at 11:22 AM.